Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ana Ivanovic Google Images 2010

Quantcast


Well I have been a great fan of this Serbian, but her performances in the recent past have left me really dissapointed. I found this update on her official site and it looked quite motivating. I just hope that she comes back with a bang in the French Open, the event which she had won two years back.

“I’m currently training in California with my new coach Heinz Gunthardt. Things are going well: I am learning a lot from him, and I’m feeling more confident about my game.

The timing of the New York exhibition couldn’t be any better, considering that we have just started working together: it gives us the opportunity to try some things out in a serious setting, but one that is not as pressured as a tournament.

After the New York exhibition it’s not too long before the two big tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami begin, and Heinz will be there too. After those events we will evaluate our work together and decide where to go from there. Hopefully it will be long-term.

I’ve been practising hard and haven’t done anything especially interesting in the evenings. I was very eager to get back onto the practice court as soon as my injury cleared up, and we haven’t wasted any time, practising twice a day most days.

We will monitor the health of my shoulder. We have to be careful, and it could influence how many tournaments I can enter in the next few months. I want to play more matches, but I must manage it properly.”