Wednesday, June 9, 2010

best fashion belts

After everyone and their mothers copied her fierce and edgy bob haircut, she decided to cut it shorter..only to be even more fierce! She really knows how to pull off daring styles with confidence, and then create a worldwide fashion statement! I think she’s showing her maturity, how she has grown (so fast) as a woman and into fame since her first few singles, “Pon De Replay” and “SOS” when she had long, sunkissed streaked hair. She has really made it big. I really love how she can also pull off any type of beat or style of music. I mean, “Pon De Replay” was so Carribbean, while “Breakin’ Dishes” and “Shut Up and Drive” were rockish, and “Please Don’t Stop the Music” is a total club banger. Then, we’ve got ballads like “Unfaithful” and “Take a Bow.” She’s great and she’s only 19 or 20. Check out her hot photoshoot for Elle.


Wow, I don’t write a blog for a few days and I actually got quite a few hits. Cool. Well I’m back, sorry, my friend came down from Connecticut for the wknd so I had no time to blog! I was out enjoying life..and shopping! So here’s some new stuff I found!

My workplace is pretty casual. I’m a graphic designer and our new office is more like a house than an office. So, I like to look casual but appropriate..not too “I’m off to the beach” but not too “I’m ready for a conference meeting.” So, in terms of shoes, I’m really into cute, casual flats. Walking around in heels all night at the club is painful enough let alone at the office for 8 hours. So lucky for me I can get away with casual shoes that are still appropriate for the workplace. Check out some of these cute styles!

You can find these styles at Target & Steve Madden. They are perfect for comfort, for work, or for almost any occasion! They can be worn with summer dresses..you don’t always have to wear heels to dress up a bit!

Categories: Shoes
Tagged: ,

Sling it Low

May 1, 2008 · Leave a Comment

High-waisted belts are a thing of the past, it’s time to bring it down low. Forget belt loops too. You don’t need them. Just throw on a belt and keep it loose so that it hangs a bit low over your waist. You can put them over long tops too, it adds spice to the look. They can be casual or trendy too. Any thickness too, but not super thick, those are for the high waist. Medium to thin, and even try slinging two belts low on your waist, as long as they are on the thinner side! It’s a new look. Check out these photos for ideas.